Duke 2023 CFAR Pilot Award Request for Proposals
The CFAR Developmental Core Pilot Awards support scientific studies for 1 year. The purpose of these awards is to develop preliminary data for peer-reviewed applications.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
NEW: Two types of Pilot Awards are now available!
- Standard Pilot Awards (7 pages) – up to a maximum award of $100,000 direct funding
- Focused Pilot Awards (3 pages) – up to a maximum award of $60,000 direct funding
Proposals must target one of the NIH HIV/AIDS Priority Areas of Research.
- REQUIRED Letter of Intent Due: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- Proposals Due: May 1, 2023
- Application Review: May 2023
- Projected Award Date: July 1, 2023
- Period of Award: Award period is 12 months or less
Download the required documents:
Eligibility for CFAR Pilot Grant Award
- No prior R01 level funding in the HIV/AIDS field
- Applicants with prior R01 funding in other fields are encouraged to apply
Post-doctoral and Clinical fellows
- Applicants with a current K award must have NIH pre-approval
- T32 awardees cannot use CFAR award for training or stipends
- Separate letter of support from faculty mentor required, see Application information below
- If proposal is reviewed and meets scoring criteria for award, PI Status must be submitted and obtained by department prior to CFAR issuing an award notification (JIT)
*Questions on eligibility should be directed to the CFAR Developmental Core