Duke 2022 CFAR Pilot Award Request for Proposals
The CFAR Developmental Core Pilot Awards support scientific studies for 1 year. The purpose of these awards is to develop preliminary data for peer-reviewed applications.
Application Deadline: May 2, 2022
NEW: Two types of Pilot Awards are now available!
- Standard Pilot Awards (6 pages) – up to a maximum award of $100,000 direct funding
- Focused Pilot Awards (3 pages) – up to a maximum award of $60,000 direct funding
Proposals must target one of the NIH HIV/AIDS Priority Areas of Research.
- REQUIRED Letter of Intent Due: Monday, February 28, 2022
- Proposals Due: 5:00PM, Monday, May 2, 2022
- Application Review: May 2022
- Projected Award Date: July 1, 2022
- Period of Award: Award period is 12 months or less
Download the required documents:
Eligibility for CFAR Pilot Grant Award
- Post-doctoral* and Clinical fellows* (T32 awardees cannot use CFAR award for training or stipends)
*Separate letter of support from faculty mentor required
- Faculty with no prior R01 level funding in the HIV/AIDS field
- Applicants with a current K award must have NIH pre-approval.
*Questions on eligibility should be directed to the CFAR Developmental Core